The project has the potential to raise awareness and boost knowledge in a wide range of target groups, both in business and academic spheres:-
- Academia (students, graduates, faculty staff)
- Business (SMEs, staff and executives)
- Local / regional bodies (stakeholders, professional organisations, authorities).
The project’s main target groups and their benefits are:-
- SMEs will benefit from receiving training for their staff and managers in eco-management practices, from sharing experiences and know-how, improving economic performance and competitiveness
- SME staff will improve their skills and competences, enhancing their performance at current occupation and also their employment opportunities
- Young entrepreneurs will receive training, coaching and mentoring that will improve their abilities to function effectively as entrepreneurs or in an entrepreneurial capacity, launching their own SMEs and pursue personal ventures and propagate relevant values and knowledge
- Universities will improve their understanding of markets’ needs, improve curricula and enhance co-operation with businesses. Academic and technical staff, through sharing experiences with business, will improve their teaching material and update their research agenda. Students will acquire enhanced skills that will allow them to think creatively, be innovative, develop an awareness of intellectual assets and enhanced capacity to manage and exploit them.